2013 Chateau Husson “Les Saintes Vierges” Chateauneuf du Pape

I have featured the wines of Chateau Husson before. They are amazing values out of the Southern Rhone Valley. It’s a bittersweet thing but this will be the last opportunity for you to purchase either of the single-vineyard CNDP from Husson, because from now on, they will be blending the “Saumaudes” & “Saintes Vierges” and combining them into one wine.

Beside’s it’s incredible price, one thing that makes the 2013 “Saintes Vierges” is that it is made up of a Mouvedre (60%), while most Chateauneuf du Papes are spearheaded by either Grenache or Syrah. The rest is 40% Grenache. On average, only about 350 cases of this wine are made each year.

With only 5 cases available until this wine is no longer available going forward, I highly recommend you don’t miss out on it. I expect this to go quickly, so respond to this e-mail to reserve yours. They are IN STOCK Today!

MySomm Tasting Notes: “Spicy & exotic on the nose with aromas of roasted plums, ripe red berries, orange zest, touches of star anise & Asian spices. This is Medium+ in body and while it is indeed deep & rich, it is also fresh and lively. The palate is concentrated & sexy with flavors of Luxardo cherries, herbs de Provence, & smoky minerality. The finish is long and intense, leaving a lasting impression.”

MySomm Price: $24.00/btl